Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Karen Kingsbury is Back!

Karen Kingsbury is back!
First, I need to thank net galley for the advance reader copy.

This book reminds me of the first of the Baxter series. Karen Kingsbury is back to her astonishing writing.

Ellie's life is turned upside down. Her mom had an affair, and in a hasty decision, her Marine corps dad moves them from Savannah to San Diego, and Ellie has to leave her best friend, Nolan. They write letters and bury them at their favorite oak tree, and agree to meet there in 11 years.Years pass and the hurt piles up.

This book has a theme of undying faith in God and of the importance if commitment. Mrs. Kingsbury makes this book relatable to everyday life. It drew me in from the beginning, and I read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. This is a great book!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah... am glad to stumble upon your beautiful book blog.. wish I could make mine half as simple and nice as yours :)
    This is a sweet and simple review which I liked for its simplicity and your lines-
    " theme of undying faith in God and of the importance if commitment. Mrs. Kingsbury makes this book relatable to everyday life."
    Yes faith is important and I would love to read this book after your review :) joining.
    love , Kokila.

    ReplyDelete